In Corban’s biology program, you’ll study the amazing intricacies of the living organisms and systems that make up our world. From medicine to veterinary science to ecology and environmentalism, dozens of fields require knowledge and competence in the biological sciences. Corban’s bachelor’s degree in biology paves the way for you to make a positive impact on the created world.`
Every class is taught from a biblical worldview, encouraging you to consider all of life as God’s created work. You’ll have the opportunity to explore how we can steward God’s creation and glorify Him through science. No matter what career path you choose, you’ll be equipped to make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ.
The biology program at Corban prepares students to pursue a wide variety of science-related careers, including:
- Public health
- Pharmaceutical Sales
- Scientific Research
- …and more!
Choose from three options, depending on your career goals:
- Biology: Biomedical Sciences (pre-med/pre-vet)
- Biology: Biokinetics (pre-physical therapy)
Learn what courses you’ll need to complete your degree.
What You’ll Learn
Keep current with the latest developments in the fast-paced and ever-changing field of science with Corban’s rigorous academics. Your specific courses will vary depending on the program you choose and your career goals, but all biology majors begin with foundational courses in animal and plant biology, general chemistry, and literature review.
Biology majors are encouraged to work closely with their advisor from day one to plan a course of study that meets their educational objectives. Your advisor can help make sure you are taking the right courses to get into a specific medical or physical therapy program if that is your goal, or help you tailor your degree for a specific field of science.
Meet Corban’s Science Faculty
- Dr. Christina Cooper – Associate Professor of Biology; Chair of Math, Science, & Kinesiology
- Dr. Sarah Comstock – Professor of Biology
- Dr. Clinton Knaus – Assistant Professor of Chemistry
- Dr. Xiuling Shi – Assistant Professor of Biology
- Dr. Yufeng Zhao – Assistant Professor of Physics
As a biology major at Corban, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of key science principles.
- Problem solve, think critically, and reason analytically.
- Use basic research practices, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Follow safe lab practices.
- Effectively communicate on a variety of scientific topics and issues.
- Proficiently use technology for computation, data acquisition, and analysis.
All biology majors will participate in either a scientific research project or an internship in their field of interest. These experiences help you prepare for the next step in your career by providing practical experience and networking opportunities.