Clery Act

Corban University is committed to provide information to the campus community concerning crime and safety, as required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, otherwise known as the Clery Act.

Corban University 2023 Annual Fire and Security Report

Clery Act Reporting

Campus Security Authorities (CSA) are required to report the following crimes that have occurred on the campus of Corban University or on property controlled by the institution, within the same reasonably contiguous geographic area, or in areas used to meet or support the institution’s educational purposes. As soon as it is safe to do so, you must complete the confidential crime reporting form below.

Crimes that must be reported include:

  • Murder/Non-Negligent Manslaughter
  • Negligent Manslaughter
  • Rape
  • Fondling
  • Incest
  • Statutory Rape
  • Robbery
  • Burglary
  • Aggravated Assault
  • Motor Vehicle Theft
  • Arson
  • Liquor Law Violations
  • Drug Abuse Violations
  • Weapons: Carrying, Possessing
  • Domestic Violence
  • Dating Violence
  • Stalking

We are also required to report statistics for above-listed offenses which were categorized as hate crimes, according to the following eight categories: Race, Religion, Sexual Orientation, Gender, Gender Identity, Disability, Ethnicity, and National Origin.

Reporting Clery Trips

Community members who are administratively responsible for domestic and international student trips are expected to report student trip information to the Corban University Office of Campus Safety for compliance.

For trips to be reportable, student trips must meet certain requirements:

Corban University must have control over the trip or program accommodation and any related academic space used in conjunction with the trip. Control, as defined by the Clery Act, means that there is a written agreement (no matter how informal) directly between the University and the end provider for use of the space. In addition, the controlled space must be used in direct support of, or in relation to, the institution’s educational purposes and frequented by students. Examples of written agreements include renting hotel rooms, leasing apartments, leasing space in a student housing facility or academic space on another campus, or even an e-mail agreement for use of space free of charge. Hostels are not normally reportable unless the written agreement gives the University control over the space within the accommodation.