Corban is a private Christian university in Salem, Oregon, USA, offering more than 50 undergraduate and graduate programs of study, both on campus and online. Established in 1935, the University has a rich history of educating Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ.
Expert faculty equip students to make an eternal difference as Christ-followers in their careers as business leaders, educators, medical professionals, ministry leaders, and more. Students thrive in Corban’s gospel-centered community as they pursue academic excellence and Christian maturity.
Learn more about Corban’s recognitions and accreditation.
LOCATION: Corban’s 205-acre campus is located on a forested hillside in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, in Salem, Oregon’s capital city, just an hour from the mountains or the Oregon coast.
DENOMINATION: Corban is an independent Christian university with a Baptist heritage.
MISSION: To educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- To foster a transformative learning culture where a sustainable biblical worldview takes shape.
- To build a vibrant Christian community that promotes worship, creative expression, and activities reflecting God’s character.
- To cultivate a life of stewardship and service toward God, humanity, and creation.
MOTTO: Make a Difference in the World for Jesus Christ
- Total enrollment: 1,042 at the Salem campus
- Undergrad: 877
- Graduate: 165
- Students from out of state: 41%
- Students who live on campus: 59%
- Student/faculty ratio: 15:1
- Average class size: 23
Warrior teams compete in 16 sports in the Cascade Collegiate Conference (CCC) of the NAIA.
- Cross Country
- Track & Field – 2022 NAIA National Champion, 10,000m
- Beach Volleyball – 2022 NAIA National Champions
- Cross Country
- Track & Field – 2022 NAIA National Champion, Heptathalon
- Volleyball – 2023 NAIA National Championship Runners-Up
MASCOT: Corban’s mascot is Cadmar, an ancient warrior in full armor.
COLORS: Navy and Gold