At Corban, we want every student to be successful in the classroom. That’s why we offer a wide range of tools and support to our students. From peer tutoring to disability services to the writing lab, Academic Student Support provides the tools you need to succeed.
Be sure to visit the Student Support office to learn more about the services we provide.
We are working diligently to provide the best available options and resources for students to continue their academic experience remotely. Click here for helpful tips on remote learning. `
Academic Student Support Services
- Assistance for students with disabilities
- Liaison between faculty and students
- Assistance and advice concerning study skills and time management information
- Voluntary academic contracts
- Editing assistance for written papers
- Request 30-minute session with Writing Lab Editor; available Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, 7:00-9:00pm
- Testing Center access to help make up exams and quizzes
- Individual and group tutoring
- 24/7 tutoring using Tutor.com
- This service can be accessed by clicking on the “Tutor.com” link found in the right hand column on the syllabus page of any undergraduate course in Populi. Students may choose from a variety of subjects and methods of tutoring.
Students with disabilities are and have always been an important part of our student body. Although the Corban does not currently offer a specialized curriculum, University personnel work with students to modify campus facilities and programs to meet individual needs.
The Associate Director of Student Support works closely with staff to ensure that students with disabilities receive the same academic opportunities as their peers.
Early planning is encouraged to allow our staff adequate time to make the necessary arrangements for support services.
If you will be requesting accommodations due to a disability, it will be necessary to provide documentation verifying your disability. The disability assessment must be current (completed within the last three years).
Disability Services Provided
- Alternative test arrangements
- Arrangements for note-taking services
- Assistance with notifying instructors of necessary accommodations
- Assistance with acquiring books in alternative formats
- Pre-admission and pre-enrollment planning
- Resource and referral information
We also provide limited individualized services depending on the needs of students with disabilities. Students who require attendant care while on campus must provide their own attendants.
Parking for the Disabled
Parking spaces are available for those individuals with DMV handicapped plates or place cards. On-campus parking permits are also available through Student Life for students who experience a temporary loss of mobility.
International Student Support Services
All of the services listed on this page are available to all Corban students. In addition, international students have a dedicated support team to assist with the transition to American life and provide support during your studies at Corban.
For more information, please see our International Student page.
You may also contact our Coordinator of International Student Support Services.