At Corban, we want every student to be successful in the classroom. That’s why we offer a wide range of tools and support to our students. From peer tutoring to disability services to writing help, Academic Student Support provides the tools you need to succeed.
Be sure to visit the Student Support Offices in Schimmel Hall, 2nd floor, to learn more about the services we provide.
Academic Student Support Services
- Assistance for students with disabilities
- Liaison between faculty and students
- Assistance and advice concerning study skills and time management information
- Voluntary academic contracts
- Testing Center access to help make up exams and quizzes
- Individual and group tutoring
- Editing assistance for written papers:
- 24/7 tutoring using Tutor.com
- This service can be accessed by clicking on the “Tutor.com” link found in the right hand column on the syllabus page of any undergraduate course in Populi. Students may choose from a variety of subjects and methods of tutoring.
Students with disabilities are and have always been an important part of our student body. Although Corban does not currently offer a specialized curriculum, university staff work with students to modify campus facilities and programs to meet individual needs.
The Associate Director of Student Support works closely with staff to ensure that students with disabilities receive the same academic opportunities as their peers.
Early planning is encouraged to allow our staff adequate time to make the necessary arrangements for support services.
If you will be requesting accommodations due to a disability, it will be necessary to provide documentation verifying your disability. The disability assessment must be current (completed within the last three years).
Disability Services Provided
- Alternative test arrangements
- Arrangements for note-taking services
- Reasonable Accommodations Letter prepared for students to provide to faculty
- Assistance with acquiring books in alternative formats
- Pre-admission and pre-enrollment planning
- Resource and referral information
We also provide limited individualized services depending on the needs of students with disabilities. Students who require attendant care while on campus must provide their own attendants.
Parking for Persons with Disabilities
Parking spaces are available for those individuals with DMV handicapped plates or place cards. On-campus parking permits are also available through Campus Safety for students who experience a temporary loss of mobility.
International Student Support Services
All of the services listed on this page are available to all Corban students. In addition, international students have a dedicated support team to assist with the transition to American life and provide support during your studies at Corban.
Contact email@example.com with any questions or fill out one of the following forms and our team will be in touch.