Consumer Information

The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA), includes many disclosure and reporting requirements. A disclosure requirement is information that a postsecondary education institution is required to distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information submitted to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Disclosure and reporting requirements sometimes overlap. For certain topics, institutions are required to make information available to students or others and to submit information to the Department of Education.

General Institutional Information

Student Financial Assistance

Health and Safety

Student Outcomes


Other Consumer Information

  • Foreign Gifts/Contracts worth more than $250,000 within a calendar year: Reported to the Education Department by the earlier of 1/31 or 7/31, after the receipt of the gift(s) or the contract date.
  • Notice for Availability Consumer Information: Email notification is sent to enrolled students annually

Student Complaint Process

Policy Statement

Corban University recognizes disputes may arise with university representatives and/or policies and requires the parties involved to reach a direct resolution whenever possible. If resolution cannot be reached, a formal complaint process is provided in order to assure impartial and equitable resolution for those conflicts.

This complaint process may not be invoked for matters that have independent appeal processes established. Examples of these include, but are not limited to: Academic Appeals, Code of Student Conduct, FERPA, Financial Aid, Grades, Title IX, Discrimination and Harassment, and VA GI Bill Feedback. Matters which are not objectionable include the following:

  • Federal and State Laws
  • Administrative Procedures Act (Chapter 34.05 RCS)
  • Employment and personnel decisions
  • Policies of the Board of Trustees
  • Rules and procedures adopted by the State Board for Community and Technical College or the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction

Students should attempt to resolve any grievances they may have with the university first. Should attempts to resolve these problems with appropriate university officials fail, or should the student be dissatisfied with the final outcome of the college complaint process, then the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC), can respond to a formal complaint. Students may contact the Higher Education Coordinating Commission, 3225 25th St. SE, Salem, OR 97302 or by sending an email to Students may also access the HECC student complaints web page at or visit the complaints page at the NC-SARA website:

General Student Complaint Information

The Complaint Process is divided into a direct resolution and a formal process. This process is initiated by the student who will receive support and information during each step. A complaint may be resolved at various stages of the process. Complaints should be addressed as soon as possible, and a formal complaint filed no more than 90 days after the incident occurs. Please see the information below for further details.

For answers to questions or assistance with this process, please contact:

Steps for Filing a Complaint

STEP ONE: Direct Resolution

Corban University requires you first make every effort to resolve a conflict directly with the staff, faculty, or administrator involved in the complaint. This allows them to have an opportunity to hear your concerns and work with you to resolve the issue.

  • Contact university employees by phone or email to schedule an appointment
  • Be clear about what your concern is and how you would like the issue resolved

STEP TWO: Formal Complaint

You may utilize the formal complaint process after working through the direct resolution process. To submit a formal complaint, you must use the Corban University Student Complaint Form. This form can be completed electronically and emailed to, or it can be printed, completed in writing and submitted to the Corban University Director of Financial Aid.

After your Student Formal Complaint Form has been submitted, you will receive notification within five (5) business days via your Corban University email account. You will be provided information regarding next steps in the process and may be asked for additional information, if necessary, to reach a decision.

If the formal complaint process is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may appeal the decision.


To appeal the decision made by the Student Complaint Committee you need to submit an email to Your appeal must include the following information:

  • Brief outline of steps you have taken toward resolving the issue
  • Decision given by the Student Complaint Committee
  • Reason for appealing this decision
  • Possible solution(s) you see to the issue
  • Contact information (phone, email, etc.)

After your email requesting an appeal has been submitted, you will receive notification within five (5) business days via your Corban University email account. You will be notified of the next steps in the process and be given information as to who will contact you.

Independent Complaint

While Corban University encourages students to work through internal university processes for resolution of their concerns, students may also file complaints with the agencies identified below.

If assistance is needed for any process, help is available at

Higher Education Coordinating Commission

3225 25th Street SE
Salem, OR 97302

Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)

8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 200
Redmond, WA 98052

Oregon Department of Justice

503-378-4400 (General)
1-877-877-9392 (Consumer Hotline)
1162 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301