Skip to main content
Corban University

Sexual Assault & Harassment

If you were recently the victim of a sexual assault, you should seek medical help immediately. The nearest hospital emergency room is at Salem Health, 890 Oak Street SE Salem, OR 97301.

If You are Hurt:

  • Call 911
  • Preserve evidence.
  • Do not bathe or wash.
  • Keep torn or bloodied clothing and go to the emergency room for treatment.
  • Ask the staff to photograph your injuries.

If desired, hospital personnel will assist you in contacting the appropriate law enforcement agencies. University personnel will gladly accompany you to provide support.

You should be aware that if you are under the age of 18, hospital personnel are required by law to file an official report with or without your consent.

Reporting Sexual Assault & Harassment

Emergency Reporting

If you are seriously injured or in immediate danger, call 911 immediately.

Reporting to a University Official

You are encouraged to report sexual assault and harassment to university officials so we can help protect you and others. The following individuals will help you get help and navigate the reporting process. You may also report to any Resident Assistant, Area Coordinator, or Campus Safety Officer. Know that these people are mandatory reporters and will need to document what you share, but that they will maintain confidentiality to the extent possible.

You may also text notalone to 41411, and this will initiate a conversation between you and a designated University employee who can help you through the process of seeking help.

Off-Campus Reporting

The following off-campus resources are always available to you.

Other Resources

For more information about sexual assault, sexual harassment, and discrimination, see the Student Handbook.