Looking for a Christ-centered education? Corban is a great fit for transfer students looking to pursue academic excellence and Christian maturity in a community of believers.
Corban is the only comprehensive Christian university in the Pacific Northwest that requires a testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ from all degree-seeking students.
You are a Transfer Student if…
- You’ve graduated from high school.
- You have taken college courses after your high school graduation.
- You have not completed a bachelor’s degree.
If you took advanced placement (AP) courses or completed college-level classes before you graduated from high school but not after you graduated, you are considered a first-year student. Click here for first-year admissions requirements.
Transfer Admission Requirements
- Personal Faith Statement
Briefly describe your personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Christian Character Reference
Typically, this is a leader in your church who has known you for at least a year and is familiar with your Christian faith. Your reference must not be a relative.
- College Transcripts
We can use unofficial transcripts to give you an admission decision. Official transcripts will be required before enrollment, with a college GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- High School Transcripts (if applicable)
If you have fewer than 31 semester hours (47 quarter hours) of college credits to transfer, we will also request your high school transcript for admission.
“I transferred to Corban from a university with such a large student population that every day I went unnoticed. Now, I attend classes where the professors know me by name, and my classmates are some of my best friends. I am so grateful to be part of the Corban community… It’s truly a home away from home.” – Annie, transfer student
Not sure how your college credits will transfer? We can help!
- Use our fast, free transcript evaluation tool to see how your credits could transfer to Corban.
- Check out our registrar’s page for guidelines on transferring your credits and for our transfer equivalency guides.
- Use our Oregon Community College Transfer Guides to make the most of your time at community college and choose classes that you know will transfer into Corban.
- See exactly which classes will be needed for the major you plan to pursue by using our program overviews.
- Connect with our admissions team for help choosing courses at your current college that will transfer to Corban:
Call: (503) 581-8600 | Text: (503) 832-5100 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have been admitted, you’ll receive an official transfer evaluation that shows how your classes and credits will transfer. Then we can help you determine how long it will take to finish your degree at Corban.
NOTE: Corban’s Bible course requirements are prorated for transfer students, making it easier for you to graduate in four years, even as a transfer student! See your program overview for details.
Some of the current Corban scholarships available to transfer students are listed below. Visit our scholarship page to see a complete list of scholarship and grant options.
|Scholarship||Amount||Criteria||How to Apply|
|Transfer Scholastic||$14,000||College GPA of 3.5+||Provide transcript|
|Transfer Collegiate||$12,000||College GPA of 3.0-3.49||Provide transcript|
|Transfer Merit||$10,000||College GPA of 2.5-2.99||Provide transcript|
|Transfer Academic||$9,000||College GPA <2.5||Provide transcript|
|Community College Partners||$4,000||For transfers from Chemeketa , Linn-Benton, or Clackamas Community College.||Provide transcript|
|Phi Theta Kappa||$2,500||Must be a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.||Provide proof of membership|
|Venture Church Network Award||$2,000||Attend a home church that is part of the Venture Church Network.||Notify Admissions Counselor|
|Visit Scholarship||$500||Visit the campus on a qualified visit.||Schedule a qualified visit|