Skip to main content
Corban University


The Post 9/11 GI Bill® and Yellow Ribbon Program

The Chapter 33 or Post 9/11 GI Bill® is an education benefit for veterans with active military service on or after September 11, 2001. Chapter 33 allows for the transfer of unused educational benefits to one’s spouse or children. Chapter 33 provides a housing allowance (if you are enrolled at least half-time), as well as support for tuition, fees, books and supplies. Answers to questions, regarding eligibility for this program and payment rates, may be found at

Corban University is also proud to announce their participation in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Students with 100% eligibility under Chapter 33 are eligible for this benefit. At this time, ALL students who are eligible for the program will receive a Yellow Ribbon scholarship. This scholarship is then matched by the VA. In most cases, this means that the full cost of tuition and fees is covered.`

Post-9/11 GI Bill Yellow Ribbon FAQs

Veterans’ Education Benefits Checklist

Corban University desires to educate students to make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. Because of their varied experiences, those with military experience are prime candidates to do just this. The below checklist is provided for those who are interested in a community where they can grow spiritually and academically. It will assist you as you attempt to navigate the educational process.

1. Apply for Admission

2. Attend a tour day at Corban and learn about the following:

  • Majors, Professors and Service Opportunities
  • Tutoring Sessions, Team Athletics, & Extracurricular Activities
  • Financial Aid
  • Housing Availability

3. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

4. Apply for Scholarships and Grants

5. Estimate how much you will actually owe.

6. Apply to use Educational Benefits with the VA.

7. If you are a transfer student who has received benefits, request a “Change of Program or Place of Training” with the VA.

8. Compile all transcripts from previous colleges and any military training that can be evaluated for transfer credit.

9. Deposit and Register for classes

10. Complete Corban University “Statement of Student Responsibility”

11. Complete Corban University Application for Yellow Ribbon Certification

12. Create an ebenefits account

13. Submit Copy of COE received from the VA

  • You will receive a COE from the VA, but you may also find it at this website: Select the “Enrollment status” link and print the page “Education Enrollment Status”
  • You must notify the Certifying Official of any changes to schedule as this will affect certification.

14. Contact Student Support about any support services or disability accommodations needed.

15. Verify your attendance at the end of each month if you’re receiving the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty, MGIB—Selected Reserve GI Bill, or REAP

16. To receive current news and information, Join the Corban Veterans Facebook page.

17. Contact our Certifying Officials: Mary McGlothlan and Cassie Cunningham at


Title 38 (2018)

In adherence to the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, section 3679 of title 38, Corban University permits any covered individual to attend or participate in the course of education during the period beginning on the date on which the individual provides to the educational institution a certificate of eligibility for entitlement to educational assistance under chapter 31 or 33 (a “certificate of eligibility” can also include a “Statement of Benefits” obtained from the Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) website – eBenefits, or a VAF 28-1905 form for chapter 31 authorization purposes) and ending on the earlier of the following dates:

  1. date on which payment from VA is made to the institution.
  2. days after the date the institution certified tuition and fees following the receipt of the certificate of eligibility.

Corban University will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a covered individual borrow additional funds, on any covered individual because of the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement funding from VA under chapter 31 or 33.

Additional Information

For more information about the GI Bill® go to the official GI Bill website.

To contact the VA, please use the “Ask a Question” webpage. The VA will respond in writing, within a reasonably short amount of time. You may also call 1-888-442-4551 (1 888 GI BILL 1) from 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m. Central Time.

Corban University complies with the Presidential Executive order: Establishing Principles of Excellence for Educational Institutions Serving Service Members, Veterans, Spouses, and Other Family Members (April 2012).

Veterans and others eligible for educational benefits from the DVA are subject to the standard of satisfactory progress as required by DVA rules and regulations. This policy is outlined in our college catalog for both undergraduate and graduate students.

‘‘GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at”