The biokinetics degree provides you with the background to pursue a career in physical therapy or occupational therapy. This degree is particularly suited for students who intend to go onto graduate school.
Is Biokinetics the right major for you?
- You are fascinated by how the human body works.
- You want to help others achieve optimal health for daily living.
- You enjoy working closely with people.
- You can be methodical and enjoy working with charts, numbers, and other data.
- You enjoy reading articles about exercise, rehabilitation, and health.
- You are passionate about motivating others toward change and success.
What You’ll Learn
Corban’s rigorous academics prepares you with a strong foundation for the next step in your career. The required courses include the prerequisite classes necessary to enter most graduate schools in physical therapy, and you can choose electives to meet the specific requirements of your chosen professional school.
In addition to core courses in biology and chemistry, some of the courses you will take include:
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- Physics I & II
- Physiology of Exercise
- Motor Learning & Development
- General Psychology
Work with experienced medical staff in local clinics and hospitals through internship and job shadow opportunities. Build your knowledge and skills through firsthand, real world experience.
Even as an undergraduate, you will have the opportunity to conduct original research at Corban. Biology students work alongside faculty to research a range of scientific and medically-relevant topics. This research is funded by external foundations, alumni, stakeholders, and university grants.
Students then present their research at Corban’s Annual Science Symposium and other conferences in the Pacific Northwest. Some students have even had their work published!