In Corban’s worship arts program, you’ll learn how to help others draw close to God through worship. Here at Corban, we believe worship involves more than musical talent—it involves your thoughts, attitudes, and posture toward God. As a worship arts major, you’ll learn how to lead people into not only a musical experience, but a Spirit-led experience that brings glory to God.
The worship arts degree combines a comprehensive Bible core with exceptional music training to prepare you for church worship ministry. With church internships and mentoring from local worship pastors, you’ll get practical experience and be ready to serve in ministry.
Corban was named by Sharefaith as one of the Top 20 Best Universities & Schools for Worship Ministry in 2017!
Is Worship Arts the right major for you?
- You enjoy listening to and performing music.
- You think deeply about the music used in worship settings, from lyrics to musical qualities.
- You can take center stage when needed, but you’re also comfortable in a supporting role.
- You enjoy helping others draw closer to God.
- You communicate well with others.
- You enjoy working with a team of people.
What You’ll Learn
Like Corban’s other music majors, worship arts begins with a solid foundation of music theory, history, aural skills, private music lessons, and participation in music ensembles. Additionally, you will take classes such as:
- Technology in Worship Ministry
- Music Workshop
- Worship Leadership
- Worship Planning / Administration
- Theology of Worship
You will also be actively involved in worship ministry through two practicums, two internships, and a final project. These experiences will give you the practical knowledge and skills to effectively lead in worship ministry after graduation.
All prospective Corban music majors will be asked to fulfill the following, in addition to other Corban admission requirements: