Prepare for the broad scope of ministry today through solid biblical and theological education, relevant leadership training, and mentored ministry experience.`
Corban’s ministry program starts with a strong biblical foundation, including studies in Bible interpretation and Bible books, as well as crucial training in theology, intercultural communication, spiritual formation and ministry strategy.
Wherever God is leading you, Corban’s School of Ministry will give you the foundation to make a difference for Jesus Christ.
Corban School of Ministry trains and equips you to use your gifts and strengths for the glory of God. Choose from:
Corban’s innovative ministry program also gives you the option to complete two degrees (bachelor’s and master’s) in just five years! You can combine any ministry major with a Master of Arts in Christian Leadership, or choose the KAIROS program for a bachelor’s degree in ministry and a Master of Divinity.
By reducing the overlap in classes that often occurs when students go to a Christian college and then seminary, fast track graduates can get started in full-time ministry sooner without missing any ministry training. All ministry students will benefit from graduate-level courses in their fourth year, and then choose whether to continue on for another year to earn a master’s. Either way, you’ll save on tuition, gain a competitive edge in the job market, and be better equipped to enter ministry.
Every ministry degree includes sophomore and junior practicums, as well as a senior cross-cultural internship. These opportunities give you quality involvement and increasing leadership responsibilities in a variety of local ministries, preparing you to be effective in real world ministry.
You’ll have a wide variety of cross-cultural opportunities, from touring Bible lands to international ministry experience. Each year, ministry majors help host camps for military kids in Japan, engage in evangelism and service in Cameroon, teach small groups alongside national church planters, and serve on short-term mission trips to Peru, France, Czech Republic, Indonesia and more.
Corban’s School of Ministry faculty combine high academic qualifications with extensive ministry experience. They have decades of real world experience as church planters, Bible translators, youth ministers, church administrators, senior pastors and campus chaplains. You’ll learn from faculty who continue to actively serve in ministry and are recognized Bible, theology and ministry experts.
Meet Corban’s Ministry Faculty
- Dr. Greg Trull – Dean of the School of Ministry
- Dr. Tim Anderson – Professor of Ministries
- Dr. Sam Baker – Professor of Christian Ministries
- Dr. Gary Derickson – Professor of Biblical Studies
- Dr. Annette Harrison – Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies
- Dr. Allen Jones – Professor of Bible
- Dr. Leroy Goertzen – Professor of Pastoral Theology, Director, Doctor of Ministry Program
- Dr. Jordan Newton – Associate Professor, Director of KAIROS
Students who graduate from Corban School of Ministry will:
- Demonstrate an advanced working knowledge of the Bible and the skills for personal in-depth study.
- Be able to articulate a biblically defensible theology that appreciates our Baptist heritage and addresses current issues.
- Exemplify growing Christian character and biblical readiness for productive ministry.
- Manage their personal lives through effective planning, prioritizing, and problem-solving.
- Be able to articulate and implement a biblically-based and culturally-relevant ministry philosophy.
- Practice a preaching and teaching ministry characterized by accuracy and impact.
- Manifest a caring shepherd’s heart that ministers to people with compassion and skill.