Corban University is committed to delivering the highest academic standards with a foundation in the Word of God. We are dedicated to seeing you succeed personally and in ministry. Part of that success is finding the right place to complete your seminary training.
Successful candidates for the Master of Divinity or the Master of Arts in Christian Leadership will:
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Have the ability to complete graduate work.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 from an accredited institution or approval from the Admissions Committee.
- Be in essential agreement with the following foundational Christian doctrines:
- That Scripture is inspired by God and therefore is authoritative and inerrant.
- That the God of the Bible is the only true God.
- That there is one God in three equal persons (Father, Son, Spirit).
- That Christ is true God and true human.
- That the human race is completely spiritually depraved.
- That Christ died as a substitutionary sacrifice to atone for sin.
- That Christ bodily rose again.
- That salvation is received by faith alone in Christ alone.
- That Christ will bodily return to the earth to reign.
Applications are reviewed each month, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the final semester deadline.
- Fall Semester Final Deadline: August 1
- Spring Semester Final Deadline: December 1
- Summer Semester Final Deadline: May 1
Submit an online application and $50 application fee.
2) Application Essays
Answer each of the following questions thoroughly in an essay format. Each essay should consists of at least 2-3 paragraphs.
- Explain how you came to know Jesus Christ as your Savior, including the Scriptural basis for your salvation and what in your life indicates that you are walking with the Lord.
- What do you believe are the characteristics of an effective Christian minister/leader?
- Relate your educational and vocational goals and indicate what you expect to gain from participation in Corban School of Ministry.
- Relate any professional and/or lay ministry experience you have undertaken in a local church and/or parachurch organization.
Submit transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended prior to applying at Corban University.
Submit a resume that includes work experience, ministry experience and education.
Submit three recommendations. You will need one each from a pastor, an instructor or an employer, and a friend. Begin the process directly in your application.
When you begin your application, you will receive an email with a link that allows you to log back in at any time to complete all of these required pieces. If you need the link again, please contact your admissions counselor.