Prewitt and Van Gilder Hall is two halls in one building, divided into gender-specific floors. Prewitt Hall is home to about 70 women and is named for Mildred Prewitt, a lifelong supporter of the University. Van Gilder Hall is home to about 75 men and is named for Dr. H. O. Van Gilder, the University’s fourth president. Some of PVG’s facilities include community bathrooms, a massive community space for its residents to enjoy, a full kitchen, two quiet study rooms, and a movie room.
PVG has both two-person dorms and quads for groups of three or four that vary in size.
- Loft Beds (Bunks Optional)
- Desks & Desk Chairs
- Bay Windows
- Paid Utilities
- Movie Room
- Study Rooms
- Large Community Space
PVG hosts another long-standing tradition, Mr. VG, where Corban men compete in a battle of wits, talent, and hilarity.
Some other events that occur in the residence halls are weekly Bible studies between small groups, RA-led outings and activities, and monthly community gatherings with your residence hall.
- Turn into the entrance of Warrior Drive off of Deer Park Drive
- Continue up to the crest of the hill where you will find multiple lots of parking designated to PVG (Building 65) as marked by a green sign on your right
- The first two entrances on the right are gravel lots for the men’s hall, followed by a paved lot on the left, and a final paved lot on the right for the women’s hall
- From the Clocktower (Building 2), head up the stairs to the Library/Academic Center (Building 26) and take a left before the entrance stairs
- Walk past the IT Office (Building 26) and straight up after passing under a bridge
- Pass by the Academic Center Terrace (Activity Area 21) and turn left
- Continue straight at the crossroads down a long stretch of path where you will be able to see Balyo (Building 78) in the distance to your right further up the hill
- You will arrive at the Prewitt/Van Gilder Residence Hall (Building 65) at the end of the path