Balyo Hall, the newest residence hall on campus, is named after President Emeritus John G. Balyo. It houses about 110 male and female students on three gender-specific floors. Its facilities include community bathrooms, large community spaces, full kitchens, and laundry rooms on each floor. Vaulted ceilings, exposed beams, and a cozy fireplace make the second-floor community space a favorite hangout.
Balyo has both two-person dorms and larger three-person dorms across all three floors.
- Loft Beds (Bunking Optional)
- Desks & Desk Chairs
- Paid Utilities
- Music Room
- Lounge Area
- Pool Table
Balyo and Davidson men and women challenge each other to a showdown, tug-of-war, barrel racing, and more at the Lumber Games, held each year.
Some other events that occur in the residence halls are weekly Bible studies between small groups, RA-led outings and activities, and monthly community gatherings with your residence hall.
- Enter at Warrior Drive off of Deer Park Drive
- Continue up the hill until you reach the green Balyo sign (Building 78) where the lot will be on your right (Lot W)
- If the lot is full, you may continue up the hill to a crossroads where you will turn left for overflow parking (Lot R and S) at the Gym (Building 75)
- From the Clocktower (Building 2), head up the stairs to the Library/Academic Center (Building 26) and take a left before the entrance stairs
- Walk past the IT Office (Building 26) and straight up after passing under a bridge
- Pass by the Academic Center Terrace (Activity Area 21) and turn left, continue a short ways down the path before turning right and ascending a small staircase through the bushes of ivy
- Stay on the left as you continue up the path past the Prayer Chapel (Building 81) and then take a left at the crossroads
- The entrance of Balyo (Building 78) will be right off the straight path forward marked by a sign