Up to $4,000
The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant Program provides grants of up to $4,000 a year to students who are completing or plan to complete coursework needed to begin a career in teaching.
To be considered for a TEACH grant, submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
- Education majors with a 3.25 GPA (high school or college).
- As a condition for receiving a TEACH Grant, you must sign a TEACH Grant Agreement to Serve, in which you agree to (among other requirements) teach:
- in a high-need field;
- at an elementary school, secondary school, or educational service agency that serves students from low-income families; and
- for at least four complete academic years within eight years after completing (or ceasing enrollment in) the course of study for which you received the grant.
- Note that if you do not meet the above requirements, your grant will convert to a Direct Unsubsidized Loan.
- Visit www.studentaid.ed.gov for more information.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to Financial Aid at email@example.com or 503-375-7006.