Customized Degree Option
Corban’s online interdisciplinary program is the ideal solution if you have specific career goals that require strong knowledge in more than one area of study, or if you have already completed a significant amount of coursework toward another degree.
With this program, you are able to create a customized degree plan that combines two or more areas of study.
An interdisciplinary degree is a custom option designed to match your experience and interests.
- Use the credits you have already earned. Don’t spend more time in school than you need to.
- Get credit for prior learning, including work and life experiences.
- Earn your bachelor’s degree quickly so you can move on to the next step in your career or education. You’ll be ready to enter grad school if you choose!
- Be well-rounded in the skills that employers want to see.
How It Works
The interdisciplinary major combines two areas of study into one degree.
Area of Study #1
- 6 lower division credits (100+ level courses)
- 12 upper division credits (300+ level courses)
Area of Study #2
- 9 lower division credits (100+ level courses)
- 9 upper division credits (300+ level courses)
For example, if you’ve already completed 18 semester hours of communication courses, you can transfer those to Corban and combine them with 18 hours in our online business courses (plus any additional general education courses you still need) to create a unique interdisciplinary degree in business communication.
Corban offers online courses in business, psychology, and Bible that you can combine with your previous coursework into an interdisciplinary degree.
Don’t have a lot of previous coursework to transfer in? You can still choose an interdisciplinary degree from Corban’s online options!
Talk with one of our admissions counselors to see if the interdisciplinary option is a good fit for your transfer credits and career goals.
- Classes start every 8 weeks. You can begin classes in any session, and take one, two, or three classes each session, depending on what works for your schedule and goals. See the online undergraduate academic calendar.
- Complete assignments at your pace each week. Classes are asychronous, which means you don’t have to be online at any specific day or time. Study when it works for you.
- Connect with faculty and fellow students through discussion boards and team projects.
We’ve intentionally created a program that is low-cost and high-value. Online undergraduate tuition is $440 per credit. You will take a minimum of 30 credits at Corban and need a total of 120 credits to graduate. Your total cost will vary depending on how many credits you already have to transfer toward your degree. (Don’t worry. We’ll help you determine this!)
Our faculty utilize low- or no-cost textbooks and course material, and there are many resources available to help you pay for your education:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Financial Aid
- Payment Plans
- …and more!
Individuals with a bachelor’s degree earn an average of $20,000 more per year than those with only a high school diploma, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. It’s a valuable investment in your future!