The Master of Arts in Christian Leadership offers a balance of ministry, Bible and theology courses to give you the preparation you need in theological understanding, biblical truth and practical ministry experience.
The seminary courses at Corban are designed to be both immediately applicable to your ministry and grounded in the unchanging principles that will apply to your ministry twenty or fifty years from now. You will experience personal and professional growth as you learn from professors and peers, discussing and wrestling with the topics facing the church today.
Whether you are looking for a face-to-face experience or need to work your classes into an inflexible schedule, Corban has created both online and on-campus classroom environments to provide the highest quality education in a format flexible enough to meet your needs. The Master of Arts in Christian Leadership is available both online and on campus. Finish your degree in just two years while attending full time or go at a part-time pace as you continue in your current ministry. Program Calendar
Choose from three concentrations:
Courses such as Building a Christ-Centered Home, Counseling in Ministry, and Teaching Scripture encourage students taking the Spiritual Formation concentration to apply new and sharpened ministry skills to their current and future ministry context. This program will challenge students to develop a deeper understanding of the practical application of biblical truth.
By integrating business classes from The Hoff MBA with the core Bible and theology courses of the Master’s in Christian Leadership, students in the Non-Profit Leadership concentration are prepared as spiritual leaders who also have the knowledge and understanding of business practices and challenges that occur within non-profit organizations.
The Christian Teaching concentration explores the foundations of education from a biblical perspective. This concentration builds upon the core of the Master’s in Christian Leadership by incorporating courses from the Graduate Education program at Corban. This program is ideal for those looking to effectively educate students in churches, Christian schools, and on the mission field.
The Master of Arts in Christian Leadership will give you the foundation to:
- Understand and accurately interpret the Bible within its historical, cultural and geographical background.
- Explain, defend and consistently apply Christian theology and biblical worldview within any cultural context.
- Articulate and live out a biblical theology of spiritual transformation.
- Apply learned ministry leadership practices that reflect biblical principles and are informed by contemporary theory and practice.
- Communicate Scripture clearly and accurately in both public proclamation and private counsel.
- Communicate the gospel and its relevance effectively to those in their ministry and vocational circles.
- Locate, evaluate and synthesize information from a wide variety of sources for improving biblical and theological thinking and practice.
Corban’s ministry faculty have decades of real-world experience as church planters, Bible commentators, youth ministers, church administrators, senior pastors, and more.
Meet Corban’s Ministry Faculty
- Dr. Tim Anderson – Professor of Ministries
- Dr. Sam Baker – Associate Professor of Ministry, Christian Ministries & Intercultural Studies program chair
- Dr. Gary Derickson – Professor of Biblical Studies
- Dr. Annette Harrison – Associate Professor of Intercultural Studies
- Dr. Mark Jacobson – Associate Professor of Systematic Theology
- Dr. Allen Jones – Associate Professor of Bible
- Dr. Kent Kersey – Professor of Theology
- Dr. Greg Trull -Professor of Biblical Studies & Preaching, Dean of the School of Ministry
Courses cost $450 per credit. You can find complete cost information, including fees and financial aid options, on our School of Ministry Tuition & Aid page.