Earn your college degree and deepen your faith at the same time! Corban’s 100% online Biblical and Theological Studies bachelor’s degree program is ideal for the believer who is serious about growing as a follower of Christ and wants to be better equipped to serve in the local church.
Whether your sights are set on seminary and a career as a pastor, missionary, or ministry leader, or you simply want to be a better small group leader, Sunday School teacher, or youth volunteer, this program is for you!
Throughout your courses, you’ll dive deep into Scripture through course materials, discussions, and your own study of God’s Word.
“Receiving feedback on discussions really helped in grasping the hard-to-understand doctrines and biblical concepts. It is also nice to learn in a way that speaks to and changes the heart.” – Darrell D.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This Bible-centered program builds on a strong liberal arts curriculum taught from a Christian worldview. You’ll gain a firm grounding in how to rightly study, interpret, and apply Scripture as you explore God’s Word.
- Learn how to read and understand God’s Word accurately and intimately.
- Develop your ability to understand, defend, and apply sound biblical doctrine.
- Gain an appreciation of our rich Christian heritage and the treasury of wisdom from believers who have come before us.
- Deepen your relationship with the Lord.
As a Biblical and Theological Studies major, you’ll be equipped academically and spiritually for lifelong discipleship and service as you make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ!
The Biblical and Theological Studies program provides a solid education in sound biblical doctrine that will equip you to grow as a disciple of Christ and better serve your local church and other Christian organizations, both in professional and nonprofessional roles.
This program is academically rigorous enough to prepare students for graduate school and vocational ministry as a pastor or ministry leader, but also ideal for those who want to serve as a lay leader in their church or who simply need a bachelor’s degree for employment in another field altogether.
Since 1935, Corban has been educating Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ, and every student and employee has a testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ. Your faith and values will be supported and nurtured in your academic studies as well as the relationships you develop with faculty and classmates.
Corban University is also recognized as an institution that is committed to biblical fidelity. You can expect to gain a well-rounded education in sound biblical teaching from subject matter experts and faculty who hold a high view of the inspiration, authority, and inerrancy of Scripture. Every class, from general education math courses to in-depth theology classes, integrates and applies the inspired Word of God and a biblical worldview.
Throughout the program, you will focus on understanding the contents of Scripture itself and applying it in practical ways through reflection papers, discussions, and ministry service.
The Biblical and Theological Studies major builds on the Bible minor that is integrated into every online degree at Corban. You’ll take foundational courses such as Bible Study Methods, Survey of the Old Testament, Survey of the New Testament, Introduction to Theology, and the Worldview Seminar, and then dive deeper into Scripture with your core major courses:
- Principles of Biblical Interpretation
- Old Testament: Pentateuch
- Old Testament: Historical Books
- Old Testament: The Prophetic Literature
- Old Testament: Poetry and Wisdom Literature
- New Testament: The Gospels
- New Testament: Johannine Literature
- New Testament: Acts and Pauline Literature
- Missional Living
- Systematic Theology I: Foundations, Bible, Trinity
- Systematic Theology 2: God the Father, Humanity, Sin
- Systematic Theology 3: Christ, Holy Spirit, Salvation
- The Church and Ministry
- History of Doctrine 1: Early Church through Reformation
- History of Doctrine 2: Enlightenment to the Present
- Classes start every 8 weeks. You can begin classes in any session, and take one, two, or three classes each session, depending on what works for your schedule and goals. See the online undergraduate academic calendar.
- Assignments are posted at the beginning of each week so you can work at your pace through the week. You’ll get weekly “welcome” instructions and a video so you know exactly what you need to do.
- Classes are asynchronous, which means you can fit all your weekly coursework into your own schedule, regardless of the day or time.
- Multimodal content includes a mixture of video lectures, podcasts, online discussion boards, and textbooks, which you can often access electronically, so you have multiple ways to absorb the content and get the most out of your studies.
Each class in the Biblical and Theological Studies program is designed and taught by men and women who not only hold advanced degrees in their fields, but also have practical ministry experience in teaching, preaching, and leading in churches, Christian high schools, small groups, and Sunday School. They also hold firmly to the inspiration, authority, and inerrancy of Scripture and the importance of sound doctrine for faithful discipleship.
You’ll have direct engagement with your professors through the course dashboard, video presentations, online discussion boards, email communication, and timely feedback on assignments.
Our online classrooms are kept at about 15-20 students, which is half the size of most online programs. That means you will have the opportunity to build a close mentor relationship that supports you through and beyond your degree program.
Expedite Your Degree
Transfer in credits you’ve already earned and get credit for work and life experiences to save time and money. Learn more about earning credit for prior learning.
Already have a lot of credits in a specific field of study? You may want to consider an interdisciplinary degree, combining your existing college credits with Bible courses to earn your degree more quickly.
Cost & Aid
We’ve intentionally created a program that is low-cost and high-value. Corban’s online program tuition is one of the most affordable among private universities in the West.
We’re also excited to offer scholarships specifically for our online undergraduate students.
In addition, our faculty utilize low- or no-cost textbooks and course material, and there are many resources available to help you pay for your education:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Federal Financial Aid
- Payment Plans
- …and more!
Individuals with a bachelor’s degree earn an average of $20,000 more per year than those with only a high school diploma, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. It’s a valuable investment in your future!