Successful applicants will meet the following admissions requirements:
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree at an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or approval from the Admissions Committee.
- Have a current teaching license or at least one year of teaching experience in a K-12 classroom.
Applications are reviewed each month, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the final semester deadline.
- Fall Semester Final Deadline: August 1
- Spring Semester Final Deadline: December 1
- Summer Semester Final Deadline: May 1
Submit an online application.
2) Application Essays
Answer each of the following questions thoroughly in an essay format. Each essay should consists of at least 2-3 paragraphs.
- Explain how you came to know Jesus as your Savior, and describe what you believe is the Scriptural basis for your salvation? (approximately 100-200 words)
- What do you see in your life that might indicate that you are walking with the Lord? (approximately 100-200 words)
- What do you believe are the characteristics of an effective Christian teacher or educational leader? (approximately 300-400 words)
- What do you hope to do professionally for which this degree will better prepare you? (approximately 100-200 words)
3) Professional Resume
Provide evidence of professional teaching experience, applicable experience and/or licensure by submitting a Professional Resume.
Submit transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended prior to applying at Corban University.
5) Christian Character Reference
The Christian Character Reference form should be completed by a pastor or other leader in the church you are currently attending. This should be an individual who is familiar with your Christian walk, professional conduct and potential as a student. The individual should be someone who is not a relative and preferably someone who has known you for at least a year.
6) Professional Reference
The Professional Reference form should be completed by an individual who is familiar with your professional conduct, potential as a graduate student and your abilities as a counselor. This should be someone who has known you for at least one year and is not a relative. If possible, provide a recommendation from someone who has observed you in a classroom or teaching setting.
When you begin your application, you will create an account so that you may log back into your application portal at any time to finish your application, check your application status, see which application documents are still needed, and submit the required pieces.