Completed applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee and referred to the admissions interview. Admissions interviews will be scheduled once per semester.
Successful applicants will meet the following admissions requirements:
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Have completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at a regionally-accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- Have recent successful experience with K-12 students at the appropriate authorization age level, preferably in a school setting. If experience is lacking, the candidate may be denied acceptance or considered for Provisional Acceptance by fulfilling a 2 credit-hour practicum that would be arranged for the candidate to successfully complete before student teaching.
- Demonstrate competency in a subject area if seeking middle and/or high school level authorization. Candidates may demonstrate this in one of the following ways:
- Degree in subject or related field;
- Work experience in the field;
- 30 semester hours in content area.
- Have completed a total of 30 semester hours in the following multiple subject areas if seeking early childhood and elementary level authorization:
- Humanities or English or Communications
- Social Sciences and History
- Fine Arts
- Human Performance
(Music experience and performance skills are additional admissions requirements for music teaching candidates. Applicants for music teaching licensure will be interviewed by music education faculty to determine content area expertise. The interview may include a performance audition.)
Applications are reviewed each month, and applicants are strongly encouraged to apply prior to the final semester deadline.
- Fall Semester Final Deadline: August 1
- Summer Semester Final Deadline: May 1
Submit an online application.
2) Application Essays
Answer each of the following questions thoroughly in an essay format. Each essay should consists of at least 2-3 paragraphs.
- Explain how you came to know Jesus as your Savior, and describe what you believe is the Scriptural basis for your salvation?
- What do you see in your life that might indicate that you are walking with the Lord?
- What do you believe are the characteristics of an effective Christian teacher or educational leader?
- Provide a brief description of up to three leadership experiences you have had with children and/or adolescents. For example, provide a description of previous employment, classroom volunteer, Sunday School, summer camps, or other experience.
3) Professional Resume
Provide evidence of recent successful experience with K-12 students at the appropriate authorization age level as well as other professional experience by submitting a professional resume, with additional information provided in the required admissions essays.
Submit transcripts from any colleges or universities you attended prior to applying at Corban University.
5) Christian Character Reference
The Christian Character Reference form should be completed by a pastor or other leader in the church you are currently attending. This should be an individual who is familiar with your Christian walk, professional conduct and potential as a student. The individual should be someone who is not a relative and preferably someone who has known you for at least a year.
6) Professional Reference
The Professional Reference form should be filled out by an individual who is familiar with your professional conduct, potential as a graduate student and your abilities as a counselor. This should be someone who has known you for at least one year and is not a relative. If possible, provide a recommendation from someone who has observed you in a classroom or teaching setting.
Completed applications will be reviewed by the admissions committee and referred to the admissions interview. Admissions interviews will be scheduled once per semester. The submitted application essays and interviews are factored into the admission decision.
When you begin your application, you will create an account so that you may log back into your application portal at any time to finish your application, check your application status, see which application documents are still needed, and submit the required pieces.