Pick from more than a dozen study abroad programs that will enhance your college experience. You can study with and learn from knowledgeable professors at Oxford University, or learn how to incorporate Christian values in the film industry in Los Angeles, or even gain exposure to real-life journalism through a summer program. At Corban, you aren’t limited to Salem. You have many opportunities to see the world!
Why study abroad?
Studying abroad through Corban University develops responsive, globally-engaged Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. Consider your calling and career while earning credits toward your Corban University B.A. or B.S. degree abroad.
You’ve probably heard that “travel is the best education.” But studying abroad through a Corban-sponsored program allows you to.
- Make a difference: Become a life-long learner, committed to cultural understanding in an ongoing process of learning, growth, and adjustment.
- Grow closer to God: Emerge from study abroad with a worldview wider than Salem, Oregon, or North America.
- Practice cultural responsiveness: Connect with your host families, communities, and countries.
- Connect study abroad to academic success: Integrate study abroad into your field(s) of study.
- Carry out the Great Commission: Know the place of your faith in the world.
Study abroad support from start to finish
The Center for Global Engagement supports students on all levels of the study abroad process to foster holistic and meaningful learning before, during, and after study abroad. Come to us for help finding a program, evaluating the best options for your strengths and skills, finding financial aid, and planning study abroad within a four-year degree cycle. From pre-departure training to re-entry and reflection, the CGE is here to help your study abroad experience flow smoothly.
Start your study abroad journey with the Corban University Center for Global Engagement. From three weeks to a semester or full year, Corban study abroad options serve a range of life stages and degree paths. Find your own program or choose from one of 11 approved programs at off-campus study locations:
Corban students can participate in any GlobalEd program offered by the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU). Study internationally or explore your passion for music, film or politics in the U.S. Whichever program you choose, it’s sure to be a life-changing experience.
- Australia Studies Centre
Choose from a wide range of electives and ministry internships in sunny, urban Brisbane, Australia.
- Costa Rica – Latin American Studies Program
Experience an immersive Spanish-language homestay while you study the language and cultures of Latin America.
- Jordan – Middle East Studies Program
Earn general education credits in humanities, foreign languages, and intercultural studies while engaging in the culture and history of a 6,000 year-old civilization.
- Los Angeles Film Studies Center
Hone the science and art of storytelling through film while taking internships and engaging with film industry experts in Hollywood. Ideal for media arts majors.
- Nashville Contemporary Music Center
Learn the ins and outs of the music industry, whether as songwriter, producer, audio engineer, or manager. Ideal for music majors.
- Northern Ireland Semester
Engage in peace and reconciliation studies in the context of the Irish Troubles while exploring beautiful landscapes studded with ruins and rich in church history.
- Oxford Scholars’ Semester
Take rigorous academic tutorials from leading experts in your discipline and prepare for graduate school.
- Oxford Summer Programme
Participate in a one-on-one tutorial with an Oxford tutor as well as group seminars during this four-week experience.
- Uganda Studies Program
Choose from electives in theology, the humanities, and global health while you stay with Ugandan families.
- Washington, D.C. – American Studies Program
Ideal for students interested in communications, history, journalism and political science.
- Seville – Semester in Spain
Trinity Christian College offers an immersive program for undergraduates with beginning, intermediate, or advanced Spanish-language skills.
Travel to lands of Lords, Ladies, Lilliputians, Leprechauns or follow the footsteps of Moses and Jesus and explore ancient biblical sites where some of the greatest events in human history have taken and will take place.
- Study tours give you the opportunity to study abroad without spending an entire semester away. These faculty-led tours typically happen in May and take about two weeks. England, Scotland, Ireland, Israel, and Egypt are just a few of the locations you could explore.
Ready to Go?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to begin the pre-application, financial aid, and course substitution processes for study abroad. Visas, vaccinations, and other arrangements may take time to arrange, so plan ahead and act early!
Center for Global Engagement