Turn your passion for sports and recreation into an exciting career working with athletes and recreationists. This concentration focuses on the sporting and recreational opportunities that are growing as people increasingly pursue outdoor activities and personal fitness.
Is Sports & Recreation Management the right major for you? ~
- You are interested in fitness and sports.
- You want to help others improve their health and wellness through sports and recreation.
- You’re interested in the business side of the fitness industry.
- You enjoy leading teams and motivating others.
- You enjoy setting goals and strategizing how to meet them.
As a sports and recreation marketing major, you will be prepared to pursue careers such as:
- Sports Marketing Professional
- Sports Facility Manager
- Sporting Event Manager
- Community Sports Director
What You’ll Learn
The sports and recreation management degree gives you a strong business foundation, with specialized courses related to sports and event management. Courses you might take include the following:
- Administration in Sport
- Management Principles
- Event and Program Management
- Statistics & Probability
- Facility Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Administration
As a business student, you will also get real world experience by participating in Corban Consulting Partners, ImpressibleYou™, internships, global opportunities, and more. Learn more.