Student Tax Information

The Tax Relief Act of 1997 requires eligible educational institutions to provide a statement to the IRS and to students who enrolled in credit courses and have a reportable transaction each calendar year. Corban University provides this information to the IRS electronically and to students via a 1098-T form.

The 1098-T

The 1098-T provides the amounts billed to you for qualified tuition and fees. The form also reports the amount of grants and scholarships the student receives during the same period. We do not report the amount paid. Student must use their own records about tuition and fees they paid.

This information is provided as required by the IRS and does not represent tax advice from Corban University. The taxpayer should refer to relevant IRS forms and publications or to their tax advisor and should not contact the University for explanations relating to eligibility requirements or calculations of any allowable education tax credit.

Corban University does not furnish 1098-T forms if:

  • Scholarships and grants equal or exceed qualified charges billed
  • Student is a nonresident alien (unless requested by the student)
  • Student’s qualified charges billed are waived or paid through third party billing arrangements.

1098-T forms will be mailed by January 31 and will be mailed to your most recently recorded mailing address (that is, the address you designate as a permanent address). The addressee is responsible to get the form to the person completing their tax return.

Beginning with the 2020 tax year, your 1098-T will also be available electronically on Populi by mid-January. For a copy of a prior year’s 1098-T, please email Financial Services at email or call 503-375-7030.

Additional Information on Tax Benefits for Education