Up to $3,600
The Oregon Opportunity Grant (OOG) is Oregon’s largest state-funded, need-based grant program for college students. Approximately 40,000 students receive Oregon Opportunity Grants each year.
- Submit your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.*
- Oregon resident.
- Undergraduate student with no prior baccalaureate degrees earned.
- Enrolled at least half time (6 credits per semester).
- Demonstrated financial need according to your FAFSA.
*Priority is given to those who submit the FAFSA early. Funds are limited, and the Office of Student Success and Completion (OSAC) will continue to authorize Oregon Opportunity Grand awards until the available funds are depleted.
About the Award
- For 2020-21, the maximum award amount is $2,778 at an Oregon community college and $3,600 at an Oregon public university or an Oregon-based private nonprofit 4-year college or university (that includes Corban!).
- The current EFC (Expected Family Contribution) limit for eligible students is $3,500.
- Students must be enrolled full-time, full-year (i.e., 12 credits or more per each term) to receive a maximum award. Awards are pro-rated for part-time or part-year enrollment.
- A portion of the award is released to a student’s account each semester.
Learn more about the Oregon Opportunity Grant.
Questions? Don’t hesitate to reach out to Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-375-7006.