Q: What is Corban’s FAFSA code?
A: The Corban University FAFSA code is 001339.
Q: How do I pay the balance due after financial aid is applied?
A: There are three options for covering your balance due
- Payment in full for the semester can be made online by logging in to your SIS account.
- Sign up for a monthly payment plan for the year at.
- Secure additional student loans to cover the balance.
Q: What is the difference between the Financial Services Office and the Financial Aid Office?
A: Your student account is billed by the Financial Services Office. Financial Services applies the charges for your courses, housing, meal plan, etc. The Financial Aid Office will disburse aid that is credited to your student account.
To see your student account information, visit the Student Information Services site (SIS) at sis.corban.edu and click on “Billing”. Note that billing happens after July 1st for the Fall Semester and after January 1st for the Spring Semester. You will not see current student account information prior to billing for the semester.
To see your Financial Aid information visit aid.corban.edu.
The log-in process for each site is different.
- For information about logging into sis.corban.edu, contact the Financial Services Office at 503-375-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log in instructions for the aid.corban.edu site are located on that page or you can contact the Financial Aid Office at 503-375-7006 or email@example.com.
Q: What is the difference between Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loans?
A: Both loans have a small loan fee and no payments while in school, however the unsubsidized loan has interest accruing while in school and the subsidized does not.
Q: Can I (or my parents) get a tax credit for being in school?
A: Visit www.finaid.org/otheraid/tax.phtml. This is just an overview of the programs and is not tax advice. Please contact a tax professional for complete details or visit www.irs.gov.
Q: If I need more loans, what are my options?
A: See the Be Prepared page for details.
Q: When is the balance after financial aid due?
A: Payments are handled by the Financial Services Office. The due date for any remaining balance is published on the Financial Services page.
Q: How do I know what my balance after financial Aid is?
A: A calculation of your balance after aid is available upon request, contact the Financial Services Office at 503-375-7030 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to set up a monthly payment plan, click here to initiate the monthly payment plan process.
If additional loans will be necessary, click here for more information.
- Entrance/Exit Counseling for Direct Loans and TEACH Grant
Provides access to mandatory processes for Direct Loans and TEACH Grant.
- Direct Loans
Valuable Direct Stafford Loan Information.
A free scholarship search site.
- Tax Benefits for Students and Families
Information on the American Opportunity and Lifetime Learning tax credits as well as other tax benefits for students.
- Oregon Student Access Commission
Useful information on state scholarships and grants.