Does your student love science? They won’t want to miss Science Saturdays at Corban!
Science Saturdays allow students in kindergarten through fifth grade to learn science concepts, engage in actively asking scientific questions, and perform science experiments…in a real science lab!
Classes will be taught by undergraduate students at Corban University, under the direction of Corban faculty. Each session runs for four weeks, from 9:30-11:30am on Saturday mornings.
Fall 2022: October 22 to November 12
Fall session topics:
- K-1: Plants (characteristics, plant growth, and ecosystems)
- 2-3: Water (its characteristics, its importance for life, how it cycles in the earth)
- 4-5: Earth Science (erosion, solar system, layers of the earth)
Spring 2023: February 25 to March 18
- Classes will be held in the Corban University science labs in the Academic Center, 4th Floor
- Temporary parking is available in lots D, E, F, R, S, T, and U. See campus map here.
- Check-in begins at 9:15am in each classroom. Signs will be posted indicating which age group is in which classroom.
- The program is scheduled for 9:30am-11:30am each Saturday during the specified dates.
- Check-out begins at 11:30am. Photo ID is required for child pick-up.
- Child supervision is not available before or after the program.
Lead Faculty Contact:
Christina Cooper, Ph.D.
Chair of the Math and Science Department
Associate Professor of Biology