Pathway students receive an F-1 visa from the U.S Department of State.
The F-1 visa grants students permission to stay in the United States for the purpose of education.
The visa carries responsibility. To maintain your visa, follow these steps:
- Enter the United States no more than 30 days before the Pathway program begins.
- Visit the designated school official (DSO) at Corban University immediately upon arrival and before any international departure.
- Attend and pass all your classes.
- Study full-time with 12 credits per term.
- Do not drop any classes without first speaking to the DSO.
- Do not work while enrolled in the Pathway program. International students are not permitted to work off-campus without written permission from the United States Immigration authorities. Pathway students should not work on-campus or off-campus until completing the Pathway program. Students with exceptional circumstances may discuss work with Pathway program staff.
- Depart the United States within 60 days after completion of the program (the program end date on your I-20).
Speak with the DSO if you are planning to do any of the following:
- Change your major, program, or degree level.
- Change your education level.
- Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence.
- Take a break from school.
- Travel outside the United States.
- Move to a new address.
- Request a program extension.