Maintaining Your Visa

Pathway students receive an F-1 visa from the U.S Department of State.

The F-1 visa grants students permission to stay in the United States for the purpose of education.

The visa carries responsibility. To maintain your visa, follow these steps:

  1. Enter the United States no more than 30 days before the Pathway program begins.
  2. Visit the designated school official (DSO) at Corban University immediately upon arrival and before any international departure.
  3. Attend and pass all your classes.
  4. Study full-time with 12 credits per term.
  5. Do not drop any classes without first speaking to the DSO.
  6. Do not work while enrolled in the Pathway program. International students are not permitted to work off-campus without written permission from the United States Immigration authorities. Pathway students should not work on-campus or off-campus until completing the Pathway program. Students with exceptional circumstances may discuss work with Pathway program staff.
  7. Depart the United States within 60 days after completion of the program (the program end date on your I-20).

Speak with the DSO if you are planning to do any of the following:

  • Change your major, program, or degree level.
  • Change your education level.
  • Transfer to a new school or take a leave of absence.
  • Take a break from school.
  • Travel outside the United States.
  • Move to a new address.
  • Request a program extension.