NOTE: We are not currently accepting new students into the D.Min. program. A new offering is being developed. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
The Doctor of Ministry in Strategic Leadership will help you develop a deeper understanding of biblical leadership and expand your capacity as a leader. Building on the foundation of a master’s degree and your vocational ministry experience, the program provides advanced study in personal and ministry formation.
Dr. Gary McIntosh shares his extensive ministry and church leadership experience as the primary instructor for the Doctor of Ministry in Strategic Leadership. As leader-mentor, he walks with students through the three years of this program, offering wisdom, training and practical application for strategic leadership in ministry.
This unique program incorporates biblical theology, leadership training, peer interaction, professional mentoring, personal strengths assessment and corporate evaluation to enhance your effectiveness in ministry leadership. Small class sizes and dedicated faculty will challenge you to assess your leadership experience, grow as a strategic leader and implement real changes in your ministry.
Our Strategic Leadership cohort provides advanced training for individuals leading Christian ministries in a variety of contexts:
- Senior pastors
- Executive pastors
- Christian school administrators
- Directors of para-church organizations
- Staff responsible for leading people, directing programs and managing organizational assets
No matter what your ministry role is, you’ll develop tools to lead effectively as you impact the world for Christ.
Each academic year consists of pre-residency coursework, a two-week on-campus residency each summer (the heart of the program, exploring the topics below), and post-residency coursework. Learn more about the schedule.
You will begin work on your final thesis project during your first residency. After the three years of coursework, you will spend an additional two to three years completing your research and writing your thesis project, the capstone for your D.Min. degree.
Year One Residency
Exploring Personal Dimensions of Leadership
Week One: The Spiritual Life of a Leader: How Leaders are Transformed by God
Week Two: Personal Leadership Foundations: How God Shapes Leaders
Year Two Residency
Developing a Philosophy of Leadership
Week One: Philosophic Foundations of Leadership: How Leadership Works
Week Two: The Culture of Leadership: How Leaders Exegete Ministry Culture
Year Three Residency
Building the Essential Skills of Leadership
Week One: The Analytic Dimension of Leadership: How Leaders Develop the Strategic Plan
Week Two: The Human Dimension of Leadership: How Leaders Manage the Strategic Process
Through this program, you will be equipped to:
- Advance your personal and professional development within the context of your current ministry.
- Implement new models of ministry for enhanced effectiveness in areas pertinent to your primary context of service.
- Articulate a theology of spiritual formation based on God’s transforming grace.
- Apply learned ministry leadership practices that reflect biblical principles and are informed by contemporary theory and practice.
- Assess the effectiveness of personal and corporate leadership practice within your ministry.
- Use research skills in your chosen fields of ministry.