How we tell stories is just as important as which stories we tell. In a culture increasingly driven by the visual, personal, and interactive, storytellers must be adept at integrating different forms of media to tell a compelling story.
In Corban’s convergent media program, you’ll learn to integrate video, audio, games, music, and even virtual reality into a unified, interactive, and immersive experience. The possibilities of what you can create and do with convergent media are endless—and so are the ideas you can convey.
You’ll learn skills in graphic design, animation, photography, communication, and production as develop widely-marketable career skills that build on your passion for media.
Is Convergent Media the right major for you?
- You enjoy telling stories, especially visually.
- You enjoy communicating both verbally and in writing.
- You like to experiment with new ways to convey information.
- You’d consider yourself both creative and analytical.
- You enjoy navigating social media and learning how to use it better.
Convergent media is one of the most versatile degrees available. Creativity is consistently named as one of the abilities CEOs most desire in new hires. Someone trained in convergent media can apply it in almost any business or career, with powerful results:
- advertising / marketing
- public relations
- professional training
Many graduates may also choose to create their own companies and offer their services to clients eager to tap the unique power of convergent media. This skill set is becoming highly sought after in multiple fields as the world sees effective convergent media resources in action.
What You’ll Learn
Convergent media is your resource. Its forms, uses, varieties, look, and purpose are all wide open for YOU to develop. The possibilities are endless for your creativity, innovation, and imagination.
Whether your goal is to work in a non-profit organization, a corporate setting, a media ministry, or your own freelance business, Corban’s talented faculty will make sure you are prepared to:
- Use software to seamlessly blend various media forms into a single resource.
- Understand the basics of programming and software development.
- Create 2D and 3D animations for convergent media, websites and more.
- Develop creativity skills to keep yourself in demand by employers.
- Create a convergent media campaign capable of generating income in the marketplace.
Your studies as a convergent media student at Corban will begin with foundational media arts courses, and then dive into specific convergent media courses. Since convergent media is highly visual, you will learn several methods of capturing visual interest through courses including:
- Illustration, Cartooning, and Photography
- Programming and Game Design
- Voiceover and Audio Production
- Graphic Design and Production
- Media Entrepreneur
- Using Creativity to Future-Proof Your Career
- Convergent Media