Get Degree Information Now!
Reading Specialist Endorsement
What is the focus of the degree?
This degree will provide you with a highly marketable, state-approved, Reading Endorsement to add to your Oregon license. You will learn to provide your students with individualized guidance to build confidence, independence and enjoyment in reading. You will also explore theory and research in current literacy education, develop effective methodologies and instructional strategies and understand their role in enhancing literacy instruction and school-wide programs.
Why choose the Reading Specialist Endorsement track?
Being a literacy specialist adds valuable expertise to any classroom teacher’s skills and knowledge, while improving the literacy skills of your students. You will be able to impact and enhance a wide a range of abilities.
Can I pursue a reading endorsement through Corban if I have already completed my Master’s Degree?
Yes, the reading specialist endorsement is offered as a stand alone endorsement or in combination with the Master of Science in Education program.
What classes will I take?
- Planning Seminar
- Biblical Worldview in Education
- Biblical Leadership in Ed Environment
- Theories of Learning and Teaching
- Law, Policy & Politics in Education
- Introduction to Ed Research & Analysis
- Foundations of literacy & Language Development
- Current Issues and Leadership in Literacy Instruction
- Advanced Literacy Assessment and Diagnosis
- Advanced Reading & Writing Instruction Methods