Get Degree Information Now!
The successful candidate will:
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Have completed a Bachelors or Masters degree at an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 or approval from the Admissions Committee.
- Pass the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) or Praxis I (PSST).
- (If a candidate has all documents submitted except passing scores on the CBEST or Praxis I (PPST), he/she may be considered for provisional admittance. Provisional admittance allows a student to take up to three courses in one semester before provisions must be met, but it is not guaranteed for all applicants.
To be considered for admissions, the potential candidate will:
- Complete the Application for Admission. Respond to the admissions essays.
- Remit Payment of $50 as a nonrefundable application fee
- Submit Recommendation Forms listed below. Evaluators who complete the form should send it to the Office of Graduate & Adult Degree Admissions.
The following short essays are included in the Application for Admission. Essay response provides insight into the degree to which the candidate meets admission requirements as outlined above.
- Explain how you came to know Jesus as your Savior, and describe what you believe is the Scriptural basis for your salvation? (approximately 100-200 words)
- What do you see in your life that might indicate that you are walking with the Lord? (approximately 100-200 words)
- What do you believe are the characteristics of an effective Christian teacher or educational leader? (approximately 300-400 words)
- Provide a brief description of up to three leadership experiences you have had with children and/or adolescents. (e.g. previous employment, classroom volunteer, Sunday School, summer camps, etc. (approximately 100-200 words)
This program is not intended to lead to teacher certification. Teachers are advised to contact their individual school districts as to whether this program may qualify for salary advancement.