Graduation Day: Academic Regalia
Caps and Gowns:
Your cap and gown will be available for pick up on Thursday, February 20 (RESCHEDULED) from 2:30–6:30 p.m. at the Grad Finale being held in Schimmel, room 212, Emitte Center. If you are unable to come at this time, you may arrange for a friend to pick up your cap and gown for you. Your friend will need to bring a note from you granting permission to pick up your regalia. If regalia is not picked up that day: ADP students can pick up their cap and gowns at the ADP house, all other students may contact the Registrar’s office.
Regalia will not be available for pick up commencement day.
How do I care for my gown?
Upon receipt of your graduation gown, promptly remove it from the packaging and hang it up. To remove wrinkles, you may choose to press with a cool iron, or hang gown in a steamy room.
How do I wear my Mortarboard and Tassel:
- Pick up your cap and mortarboard. In the center of the top of the mortarboard there is a button. Hang your tassel around this button.
- Place the cap and mortarboard on your head.
- Turn the cap so that the point is in the middle of your forehead.
- Arrange the mortarboard so that it is horizontal (parallel to the floor).
- Wear the tassel on the right front side of your cap and mortarboard.
If you graduate with honors, you will receive your honor cords when you pick up your cap and gown. These honor cords are the only items that may be worn on your regalia. Honors are determined by your collegiate record at Corban University:
3.90 GPA Summa cum laude
3.75 GPA Magna cum laude
3.60 GPA Cum laude
How to wear your Honor Cords:
The middle knot is put behind your neck. Bring the honor cords to the front, hanging down your sides with two tassels on each side.
Graduate hoods are draped over the right arm and will be placed over the graduates head during the hooding ceremony at graduation.
Please wear appropriate attire for the commencement ceremony.